Central Piedmont's future will be built on a well-defined set of mission, vision, and value statements that guide our every action.
Central Piedmont will be a champion of students, a catalyst for opportunity, and an exceptional provider of learning experiences that transform lives and strengthen community.
To facilitate student learning, success, and completion, Central Piedmont provides exceptional education and globally competitive training in an engaging, supportive environment.
- Student-Centered: We are committed to students and learning. Student success is the heart of everything we do.
- Collaboration: We recognize the power of partnerships and effective communication and work collaboratively within our organization and externally in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community and beyond.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence by recognizing opportunities, solving problems, and innovatively serving our students and community.
- Accountability: We demonstrate integrity, transparency, and effective use of resources by assessing our programs and services and using data to inform our decisions.
- Equity: We believe all individuals have the potential to succeed and we will provide student-focused pathways to achievement.
- Courage: We are passionate about our work. We are willing to acknowledge our strengths and weaknesses and confront challenges with intentionality.
Our Strategic Goals
Strategic Goal #1: Elevating Student Success
Central Piedmont will support students as they intentionally, successfully, and equitably navigate well-designed pathways to reach their educational, career, and life goals.
- Objective 1.1 – Student Success
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement of educational programs and holistic student-support strategies by providing timely, disaggregated student metrics that indicate progress toward student success goals
- Objective 1.2 – Student Engagement
- Redesign and personalize student experiences and academic environments within an inclusive ecosystem of innovation and engagement
- Objective 1.3 – External Measures
- Exemplify distinction by meeting or exceeding North Carolina Community College System, regional and program accreditors, and governmental student success measures
Strategic Goal #2: Maximizing Academic Excellence and Innovation Through Community Engagement and Partnerships
Central Piedmont will continuously evaluate and promote academic and student support programs to ensure they are high-quality, relevant, and optimize career pathways and college transfer.
- Objective 2.1 – Pathways
- Strengthen student pathways by securing the educational pipeline from entry to completion to ensure students earn high-quality credentials
- Objective 2.2 – Economic Development
- Embed Central Piedmont Community College within Mecklenburg County’s economic development community and collaborate with university, business, and industry partners to develop talent pipelines to existing and future jobs
- Objective 2.3 – Economic Success
- Narrow skills gaps by cultivating existing talent and aligning academic programs and training with the needs and demands of the local and global economy
- Objective 2.4 – External Communication
- Use all communication channels needed to increase the awareness of the value of specific post-secondary credentials by highlighting the diverse and comprehensive offerings available to Central Piedmont students as well as the financial assistance available to them
Strategic Goal #3: Advancing our Organizational Culture
Central Piedmont will recruit, develop, and retain a diverse, respectful, and responsible workforce that fosters an organizational culture of transparency and collaboration dedicated to mission-driven allocation of financial, physical, technological, and human resources.
- Objective 3.1 – Dynamic People
- Recruit, hire, engage, and retain diverse faculty and staff committed to educational excellence and equity
- Objective 3.2 – Talent Development
- Create a clear standard of professional excellence and continued cultivation of talent, purposeful on-boarding, and leadership development that rewards innovation and creativity
- Objective 3.3 – Strategic Stewardship of Resources
- Apply strategic decision-making to empower employees to work collaboratively to make data-informed decisions regarding alignment, allocation, and strategic use of talent, fiscal, and technological resources
- Objective 3.4 – Internal Communication
- Increase internal understanding of the operations, roles, and functions within the college