Help with Coursework
- Academic Advising provides students with professional guidance by recommending appropriate course placement and selection, explaining institutional policies and procedures, identifying strategies for success, and developing individualized educational plans.
- There are 12 Career Fields offered at the college. Students can prepare themselves for these career fields through many different degree programs, certificates, and other academic pathways and credentials.
- Course Testing in the Testing Centers or in a proctored setting is required for some courses.
- Free Tutoring is available through the Academic Learning Center in subjects such as math, science, writing, and study skills.
- Instructor office hours are held by full-time instructors so that students can meet with them on campus. Online and part-time instructors can be reached through the contact information they have included in their course syllabus.
- The Library operates on every campus and online to provide library instruction, interlibrary loan, textbook reserve service, group study facilities, one-on-one research appointments, and online research assistance as well as integrated IM/webchat reference service.
- Online tutoring is available for free through the Academic Learning Center.
- Central Piedmont offers a wide variety of Programs of Study.
- S.O.S. Math provides extra help to DMA Math students in Traditional, Emporium, and Online DMA classes. Events are held on Central, Levine, and Cato campuses. Events include Extended Math Labs, a Supplemental Instruction Series, and help to connect to tutoring resources.
- TRIO-Student Support Services offers academic support for first-generation, low-income, and/or students with disabilities. Services include coaching, tutoring, mentoring, and financial literacy.
Tips and Information
- The Academic Calendar lists important dates such as holidays and the start and end dates for fall, spring and summer terms.
- Online Learning has become one of the most common ways for students to take classes or even complete an entire degree.
- The Online Learning Introduction helps students learn how to be successful taking online classes.
- The Library's Research Databases are a great resource for students doing research for classes.