The Career Development (formerly HRD-Human Resources Development) program is designed to educate and train individuals to succeed in the workplace. This program provides career assessment, employability skills training, and career advising to unemployed and underemployed adults. Courses taught in this program address:
- assessment of an individual's assets and limitations,
- development of a positive self-concept and employability skills,
- job search and job retention strategies,
- communication and problem-solving skills, and
- information technology in the workplace.
Individuals also can earn Working Smart (soft skills) and Career Readiness Certifications.
The classes are available at no cost to individuals currently in one of the following situations:
- are unemployed,
- have received notice of a pending layoff,
- are working and are eligible for Federal Earned Income Tax Credit, or
- are working and earning at or below 200 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
For more information, call the Career Development department at 704.330.2722, ext. 3885 or visit the Career Development website.