Approved Academic Pathways for Dual Enrollment during High School
High school students in the Career & College Promise programs may follow two types of academic plans:
1. College Transfer Pathways, and/or
2. Career and Technical Pathways.
Students may only take courses in their selected pathway(s). If Career & College Promise students register for classes outside of their chosen pathway(s), the college will drop registration of those classes.
Students may choose to participate in:
- two Career and Technical Pathways at a time, or
- one Career and Technical Pathway and one Transfer Pathway at a time.
See which courses may be taken for each academic pathway on the Career & College Promise website under Program Options. From here, each pathway and its available courses may be viewed. Course descriptions and any required pre-requisites may be seen by entering any course code (example: ABC 123) in the Search Catalog field above the left menu.
College and Career Readiness Classes
- College and Career Readiness programs offer classes to develop academic skills, earn a high school equivalency (GED® or HiSET®) or adult high school diploma, learn English as a second language, develop employability skills, or caseworker training, and participate in various work-based learning experiences. The programs include courses for occupational skills training, for students with intellectual disabilities, and for refugee education.
- Enroll in these classes on the Central Piedmont College and Career Readiness website.
College Credit Curriculum Classes
- Students entering degree, diploma, or certificate programs must complete the admissions/enrollment process prior to registration. (See Enrollment section of the catalog.)
- Returning or new Central Piedmont students who have completed the admissions process may register online using their student User ID and password at MyCollege.
Non-Credit Corporate and Continuing Education Classes
Students taking Corporate and Continuing Education, non-credit courses may register without the admissions/enrollment process by calling Customer Service at 704.330.4223 or by registering online at Register Now on the Corporate and Continuing Education website. Registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing throughout the semester.