Small Business Center
Small Business Center: 704.330.6736
Small Business Center website: www.cpcc.edu/sbc.
Corporate and Continuing Education Customer Service: 704.330.4223
The CPCC Small Business Center expands the college’s role in promoting entrepreneurship as a career option, supporting small business owners, and preparing businesses for global commerce. Continuing education courses and services also help entrepreneurs keep pace with the ever-changing small business environment. The Small Business Center is a part of the statewide Small Business Center Network (SBCN), a community college-funded initiative across the state. This state funding provides many of the resources, including counseling, at no cost to the client or student.
The Small Business Center offers:
- Small business networking events to showcase small business owners, their services and products
- A Business Resource Center located on Central Campus with books, periodicals, videos and lending library collection, as well as touch-down computer research stations for clients equipped with specialized business software
- Introductory seminars and webinars, workshops and forums to promote awareness and answer student questions
- Individual counseling to assist small business owners and to offer referrals for those who need additional skills or consulting
- Non-degree continuing education courses focused on critical practical skills with classes ranging from start-up and financing to marketing, along with comprehensive certificate courses and exam preparation.
Courses and topic areas include:
Accounting with QuickBooks®
Business Growth and Development:
Business Plan Writing
Funding and Financing
How to Start a Business
Nonprofit Fundraising Essentials
Sales and Management
A schedule of continuing course offerings is available on Small Business Center website.