Small Business Center
The CPCC Small Business Center expands the college’s role in promoting entrepreneurship as a career option, supporting small business owners, and preparing businesses for global commerce. Continuing education courses and services also help entrepreneurs keep pace with the ever-changing small business environment. The Small Business Center is a part of the statewide Small Business Center Network (SBCN), a community college-funded initiative across the state. This state funding provides many of the resources, including counseling, at no cost to the client or student.
The Small Business Center offers:
- Small business networking events to showcase small business owners, their services and products
- A Business Resource Center located on Central Campus with books, periodicals, videos and lending library collection, as well as touch-down computer research stations for clients equipped with specialized business software
- Introductory seminars and webinars, workshops and forums to promote awareness and answer student questions
- Individual counseling to assist small business owners and to offer referrals for those who need additional skills or consulting
- Non-degree continuing education courses focused on critical practical skills with classes ranging from start-up and financing to marketing, along with comprehensive certificate courses and exam preparation.
Courses and topic areas include:
Accounting with QuickBooks®
Business Growth and Development:
Business Plan Writing
Funding and Financing
How to Start a Business
Nonprofit Fundraising Essentials
Sales and Management
For complete details or assistance, contact the Small Business Center at 704.330.6736 or Customer Service and Registration for Corporate and Continuing Education at 704.330.4223.