STAR - Success Through Academic Reporting
STAR: Success Through Academic Reporting, is a college-wide student success initiative at CPCC. It is the college's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). Through this initiative, students receive alerts about how they are doing in their classes at two specific points in the semester:
1) within the first three weeks and,
2) by mid-term.
These STAR Student Success Reports are sent to students' CPCC email accounts.
Students in the STAR cohort (first-time, full-time, degree-seeking students) receive additional communication from the STAR Student Success Coach. A new student cohort begins each fall semester. During the 2014 - 2018 academic years, the college will conduct a longitudinal study of STAR cohort students to assess the impact that semester progress reporting and strategic communication on academic progress has on retention and degree completion.
Additional information may be obtained from:
- the Director of the STAR initiative: Sarah Wilde at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.330.6688
- the STAR Student Success Coach: Terrence Strickland at email@example.com or 704.330.6754
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- the STAR website at this address: cpcc.edu/star.
STAR offices are located on Central Campus in Suite 114-115 on the first floor of the Central High building.