Small Business Center
The Small Business Center expands the college’s role in supporting small business owners and promoting entrepreneurship as a career option. It continuously develops innovative continuing education programs to help entrepreneurs start a business, grow a business, or keep pace with the ever-changing small business environment. The Small Business Center is a part of the statewide Small Business Center Network, a community college-funded initiative with a vision to foster and support entrepreneurship, small business training and economic development in local communities across the state.
Components of the Small Business Center include
- Continuing education (non-degree) courses address critical, practical skills with classes ranging from start up and financing to marketing. Courses focus on:
Accounting with QuickBooks®
Business Growth and Development
Business Plan Writing
Funding and Financing
How to Start a Business
- Introductory seminars, workshops and forums to promote awareness and answer student questions
- A Business Resource Center located on Central Campus with books, periodicals, videos and lending library collection, plus client touch-down computer research stations equipped with specialized business software
- Individual counseling to assist small business owners and to offer referrals for those who need additional skills or consulting
- Small business networking events to showcase small business owners, their services and products
For more information, visit the Small Business Center online and by phone at 704.330.6736 or contact Customer Service at 704.330.4223.