Career Services helps students and graduates of college credit curriculum programs discover and implement their career plans, and find job opportunities to meet these goals. The following services are provided:
- Career Counseling: Currently enrolled students can make an appointment for an individual meeting with a career counselor to assist them in making a decision about their program of study and career. Students may choose to meet in-person with a career counselor on any campus. Career assessments and other electronic resources often are used to help students learn more about themselves, the world of work, and the best fit for both. Students may call 704.330.6433 to make an appointment at any campus.
- Online Career Information: The comprehensive Career Services website includes online presentations, links to a wide array of career resources, a Career Guide written by CPCC career counselors and links to area companies.
- Online Job Postings: Area employers list job opportunities exclusively for students and alumni on the Career Services online job posting site. Students and alumni can use their CPCC login to view current openings.
- Resume Assistance: Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or an appointment can be made for a complimentary critique. Students also may stop by during drop-in hours held at on Central Campus or Levine Campus. Find advice about how to get started on the online Career Guide.
- Mock Interviews: Interviewing skills may be practiced with a career counselor and feedback received while being recorded. Online Interviewing Assistance also is available for mock interviewing so that a video can be sent directly to a career counselor for review.
- Career Fairs: A Career Fair is held each spring for students and community members to meet with employers. More information can be found on the Career Fair web page.
- On-Campus Recruitment: Individual companies visit CPCC campuses to recruit students directly in fall and spring semesters. See the Events Calendar for a full list of visits and employer information.