Mission, Values, Goals
Mission Statement for Central Piedmont Community College
Central Piedmont Community College is an innovative and comprehensive College that advances the lifelong educational development of students consistent with their needs, interests and abilities while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community.
The College accomplishes this purpose by providing high quality, flexible pre-baccalaureate and career-focused educational programs and services which are academically, geographically and financially accessible. This purpose requires a fundamental commitment to student success through teaching and learning excellence within a supportive environment.
Central Piedmont Community College intends to remain a national leader in workforce development.
Goal 1 Student Learning and Success
Ensure student learning and success by promoting an innovative and supportive learning environment.
- Engage students as responsible partners in the learning process.
- Offer and promote a variety of programs and services that improve college readiness and support comprehensive learning experiences.
- Enhance the learning environment by the increased use of innovative teaching techniques, interactive technologies, learning options and assessment data.
- Facilitate successful student transitions to CPCC, colleges and universities, the workforce and an increasingly global community.
- Enhance communication and cross-functional collaboration to support student learning and completion to meet student success targets.
Goal 2 Organizational Learning and Development
Foster an organizational culture that maximizes individual growth through expanded learning opportunities.
- Recruit, retain, develop, reward and empower employees who share responsibility for student learning and success.
- Ensure part-time employees are engaged and supported in the learning environment at the College.
- Facilitate a more collaborative and cohesive learning environment in line with the College’s vision, mission and values.
- Prepare employees to anticipate and respond appropriately to regional issues within a global framework.
- Encourage the understanding, analysis and interpretation of data to inform decision making.
Goal 3 Community Catalyst
Be a catalyst for the educational and socio-economic development of the community through partnerships, coalitions, life-long learning and civic engagement.
- Expand partnerships with business and industry to determine the skills needed for future high-demand job growth areas.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with business, industry and educational partners to ensure program relevance.
- Support workforce development by responding to the training and academic needs of an increasingly diverse community.
- Provide expanded opportunities for high school students to pursue certificates and degrees that accelerate their learning and goal completion.
- Increase public knowledge of the educational opportunities and services at CPCC.
- Provide collegiate experiences for students that foster community involvement and a global perspective.
Goal 4 Organizational Capacity to Serve
Plan and manage human, physical, fiscal and technological resources so that College programs, services and infrastructure meet student and community needs.
- Create and implement a strategic plan to enhance access, enrollment, retention and completion.
- Create and implement funding strategies to establish and sustain new educational programs.
- Plan and manage renovation and construction to provide needed infrastructure.
- Collaborate with business, education and other organizations to secure needed levels of public and private support to provide educational opportunities for students.
- Promote the effective and efficient use of human, physical, fiscal and technological resources to reinforce public trust.
- Expand and manage facilities and operations in an environmentally and fiscally responsible manner.
- Communicate the value and benefits of the College to increase community awareness and support.
Goal 5 Organizational Excellence and Innovation
Promote and sustain innovation, entrepreneurship and excellence throughout the organization.
- Expand the use of collaborative and cross-functional teams to respond with innovation to emerging needs.
- Increase the use of assessment strategies that measure outcomes and analyze results that improve organizational effectiveness and excellence.
- Engage employees in continuous improvement through a culture of evidence that effectively measures efforts, increases positive outcomes, and supports learning.
- Meet or exceed all State Accountability/Performance Measures.
Shared values and clear expectations affect how well CPCC succeeds in accomplishing its mission and fulfilling its commitment to student success. As a learning college, CPCC places learning first in all decisions. The entire college is considered a community in learning and works collaboratively to create substantive change in all learners - students, employees and the organization as a whole.
Based upon this belief, we hold the following values:
- How do we provide a supportive environment that is student-centered and promotes life-long learning?
- How do we place the needs of learners first?
- How do our resource allocations match the needs for student learning?
- How do we work together across the College to meet learners’ needs?
- How do we encourage collaborative partnerships that enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in our community?
- How do we honor and promote diversity through our people, curricula and processes?
- How do we foster community within the College?
- How do we provide a welcoming and accepting environment?
- How do we act upon learners’ feedback on their learning experiences at the College?
- How do we create a work environment that fosters learning?
- How do we anticipate and respond to the needs of our students, community and business partners?
- How do we deliver quality processes, services and learning experiences?
- How do we encourage faculty and staff to enhance their skills and knowledge?
- How do we demonstrate that we expect excellence for all students, faculty and staff?
- How do we recognize and celebrate achievements?
- How do we provide an ethical and respectful environment?
- How do we foster honest and fair relationships?
- How do we recognize our obligation to be good stewards of our resources?
- How do we continue to earn the public’s trust through principled leadership?
- How do we reduce financial, environmental, social and educational barriers to promote student learning and success?
- How do we ensure that a range of choices in programs and services is accessible to diverse learners?
- How do we create a positive environment that expands opportunities and experiences for all members of our community?
- How do we foster an environment that encourages an open exchange of ideas?
- How do we encourage and reward exploration, inquiry, risk-taking and entrepreneurship?
- How do we anticipate change and respond with innovative programs and service to internal and external trends?